WADL TV-38 is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, dependable and personable Account Manager to sell commercial advertising time to local businesses across our advertising platforms. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, team player and thrives on success. The compensation package is commission based and allows for unlimited income potential.
- Responsible for the sales of advertising time on WADL TV-38, 910am Superstation and wadldetroit.com.
- Demonstrates selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows an Account Manager to deliver effective presentations that generate advertising sales revenue in excess of quota.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Account Manager on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and the SalesCareersOnline.com solutions to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective Centers of Influence Network with Sales Recruiters and other professionals to maximize revenue.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather, submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects’ business problems.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Participates and contributes to the development of sales positioning collateral offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- 1-2 years of sales experience in the marketing industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in with team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and suitable vehicle for this role.
Please email resume to Jamie@wadldetroit.com, or fax 586-790-3841
No phone calls please.