WADL is seeking a highly detail oriented Master Control Operator (Per Diem). $10/hourly – no overtime, no guaranteed hours. No phone calls please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Master Control Operator (MCO) is responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of our on-air products by continuously monitoring, overseeing, and maintaining WADL programming throughout the week (includes weekends and holidays).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Encode programming for airing on WADL
- Regularly Monitor programming and advertising on WADL
- Receive and Schedule syndicated programming for WADL
- Ensures transmission meets WADL quality standards
- Ensures the high quality airing of commercials with high run rates and minimized down time
- Prepares programming for future playback
- Switches on/off live events
- Controls audio equipment to regulate the volume and sound quality during television broadcasts
- Observes monitors and converses with station personnel to determine audio and video levels and to verify that programs/commercials are airing properly
- Preview scheduled programs to ensure that signals are functioning and programs are ready for transmission
- Reports equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
- Communicates regularly with Sales and Traffic to make sure content is received and aired
- Completes appropriate paperwork functions as required
- Logs daily discrepancies and verifies all commercial inventory, taped events, and aired live events
- Identifies and works to prevent, to the extent possible, problems and roadblocks
- Completes routine work without instructions; show initiative to improve processes and products
- Demonstrates high ethical standards, strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment, show respect for others, acknowledge and build on others ideas, and support group decisions
- Replies to requests or issues internally and externally in a timely manner using the appropriate means of communication.
- May perform additional duties not pertaining to Master Control as required or assigned
- Strong computer skills, self-motivation and good attendance are essential
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Trade school training helpful. Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems a plus.
- Extemely flexible schedule – able to accept call-ins on short notice (includes weekends and holidays).
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot computers preferred; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of modern operating systems, networks protocols
- Ability to professionally interact with customers and co-workers; strong verbal communication skills
- Must be reliable and motivated to fulfill obligations; ability to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to analyze situations and use logic to address issues; careful attention to details required
- Strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment required
How to apply:
E-mail cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Please – no phone calls. Phone calls will not be considered or returned.
WADL TV-38 is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, dependable and personable Account Manager to sell commercial advertising time to local businesses across our advertising platforms. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, team player and thrives on success. The compensation package is commission based and allows for unlimited income potential.
- Responsible for the sales of advertising time on WADL TV-38, 910am Superstation and wadldetroit.com.
- Demonstrates selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows an Account Manager to deliver effective presentations that generate advertising sales revenue in excess of quota.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Account Manager on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and the SalesCareersOnline.com solutions to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective Centers of Influence Network with Sales Recruiters and other professionals to maximize revenue.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather, submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects’ business problems.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Participates and contributes to the development of sales positioning collateral offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- 1-2 years of sales experience in the marketing industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in with team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and suitable vehicle for this role.
Please email resume to Jamie@wadldetroit.com, or fax 586-790-3841
No phone calls please.