JOB DESCRIPTION: WADL TV-38 Advertising Sales
Title: Sales Asspciate
Department: Sales Department - Clinton Township,Mi
Reports to: Sales Manager
WADL TV-38 is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, dependable and personable Sales Associate to sell commercial advertising time to local businesses across our advertising platforms. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, team player and thrives on success. The compensation package is commission based and allows for unlimited income potential.
· Responsible for the sales of advertising time on WADL TV-38, Antenna TV and wadldetroit.com.
· Demonstrates selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows a Sales Associate to deliver effective presentations that generate advertising sales revenue in excess of quota.
· Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
· Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
· Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
· Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
· Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
· Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, email, and networking.
· Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
· Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and the SalesCareersOnline.com solutions to their problems.
· Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
· Responsible for identifying and building effective Centers of Influence Network with Sales Recruiters and other professionals to maximize revenue.
· Demonstrates the ability to gather, submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects' business problems.
· Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
· Participates and contributes to the development of sales positioning collateral offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
· Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
· Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
· Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
· Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
· Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
· 1-2 years of sales experience in the marketing industry.
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
· Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
· Willingness to travel and work in with team of professionals.
· Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
· Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and suitable vehicle for this role.
Please email resume to
, or fax 586-790-3841
No phone calls please.